Things to Do In and Around Plomelin and Quimper
We highly recommend renting a car during your stay so you can enjoy the entire region. There are car rental offices at the train station and airport. We recommend using EconomyCarRentals.com to find the best prices. Enter Quimper, France as the location when you do your search.
Visit the Quimper Tourism Office website for a lot of helpful information about the area.
- The Musée Peche in Concarneau - the fishing museum
- The Musee Bigouden in Pont L’Abbe – costumes, furniture, culinary exhibits
- The Musée départemental breton in Quimper – archaeological artifacts, costumes, furniture pottery
- Le Musée de la Faïence de Quimper chronicles the whole history of Quimper pottery
- Musée des beaux-arts de Quimper - houses artwork from fourteenth- to twenty-first-century
Farmers & Artisan Food markets
- Pont L’Abbe – Thursdays – open year round but many more vendors spring and summer
- Quimper – Les Halles – Covered market with permanent stands and two days a week farmers bring in fresh local produce
Other things to do
- Bike Rental - Rent bikes and ride along the sea, through small villages, or on a re-purposed railroad track.
- Centre Nautique de Combrit- Sainte-Marine - Catamarans, wind surfing, kayak – qualified instructors available
Visit the Brittany Tourism website for detailed information on activities throughout the entire region.